Designing a printable robot should be easy, but not always simple. Whatever software and tools for 3D printing you’re using, you’ll always find a number of projects you can apply to your robot in minutes.
However, not every 3D printed robot should look like a typical one. In fact, we use the 3D printed technology for customizations and meet our needs in terms of shape complexity.
Let’s take a look at five free and fresh 3D printed mobile robots as well as references to further free files for 3D printers.
You can find over 25 further free 3D printed robot arms in our previous article 3D Printed Robot Arms for Free Download.
- Integrated Build Plate Walker: it’s basically an Arduino Mini robot with a Sharp IR sensor attached on top of the platform. (download the files)
- WatsonBot – An Arduino DIY Robot (in Spanish): WatsonBot is another Arduino robot with a 3D printed body. Because such a four-wheeled robot kit could be expensive, you can build your own mobile robot starting from this project. (download the files)
- EddieBalance: this is an advanced self-balancing robot hacked by adding an Intel Edison board and Sparkfun Blocks. (download the files)
- PrintBot Evolution: this printed platform is a new customizable educational robot for applications such as line follower, obstacle avoidance, search for light, and more. (download the files)
- Biribot: a very cheap printed robot with hardware in a value of less than US $16. (download the files)